Thursday 18 March 2010

Oops! Fingers Crossed

Off went my Passport, application form to the Turkmenistan Embassy, for a 20 day Visa, by special delivery. Excellent so that would arrive next day

While in the office and sorting out the new company mobile phone contract, my phone started ringing and it was an "unknown number". I thought that will not be important, so let it go through to voicemail. (Read into that GO AWAY)

POOH! the voicemail started ringing back every few minutes, so after pressing ignore three times (yes i was thinking GO AWAY again), the fourth ring got answered.

I was greeted with a voice that was slow, Russian sounding, which would have been very at home in a James Bond movie, "Mr Johnson, can you ring the Turkmenistan Embassy urgently, problem with your Visa, or you will die Mr Bond"

Sorry got a little carried away just then with the last bit

Bollocks! that is the last thing i need with only a few weeks to go, so i rang straight back and was greeted by "the Voice"

"Yes"

Hmm! sounds friendly(not) and after my introduction, he proceeded to tell my in his warm homely tones that i had not put payment in with the application.

"Oh the details i have (Globebusters paperwork), say that payment is to be made on collection" i stated

"what details, have i not checked the website, payment has changed" The Voice demanded

Urgh! that would be a "No" went through my head.

I then advised, that the Visa Agency that was advising me(only a little lie), had given me the details and what was the procedure for making a payment up front if it was to be in Euros.
"Bring payment to the embassy" i could feel him looking down the phone at me saying "stupid"

So very nicely i asked if i could pay on collection to which he replied "On this one occasion i will allow this, collection after Tuesday". The James Bond Villain voice put me back in my place.

"Thank you very much, i am so sorry if i have caused you any problems" i humbly replied.

"Good bye"

Phew! lets hope they do not have any little surprises when i collect

FINGERS CROSSED

No comments:

Post a Comment