Saturday 17 April 2010

CAMERA ! ACTION!


After all the planning and preparations, the journey has now started from the Ace Cafe, 14 motorcycles with fourteen novice overland (yes that does including me)setting off for the unknown of Central Asia and China

All gathered together for a final photo and a final farewell to my wonderful, beautiful wife, who I am going to miss load.
She should have come on the trip as well.
I know it would have been cold but I could have kept you warm! but you declined BooHoo!

Every one fed and watered on Full English Breakfasts and coffee, off we went down Western Avenue and round the M25 for Folkstone

Now Kevin did mention something about a camera man Adam in a MPV taking video of us driving past taking footage

"Jesus" was not expecting a camera lens stuck out of a open side window to appear in my peripheral vision (I now that will be a big word for some of you) then Richard on a R1200GS with his lady with a camera, zooming along the outside lane taking footage and also appearing on bridges above that we pass under
Well done chaps and chapess's
Adam will be joining us in Istanbul where he will get everything on Camera, but today will have to suffice for our "high definition" debut.
Di and all the friends were laughing as Adam cornered me for a 5 min (hones) chat about everything that will happen and my thoughts for the whole trip (honest)

Hey I could get use to this celebrity life if all I had to do was ride a bike all day and say random words into a camera(sorry Charlie Boorman, it is not real work)

So the services before the chunnel, we all fill up and onto an early train for a quick crossing and then freedom of the open road where we can follow a route map at our own pace.

So off the train and off down the motorway.

Bloody hell Max are we on a mission or what!, along with Robert, Simon and myself we "ahem" make progress down the french peage.

It's now warming up to a very comfortable 22 deg C it is fantastic to think that I have nothing else to think about but just getting to the next end of day destination.

Finally off the boring peage and onto to some lovely french N roads which twist and turn through villages, but you have to watch out for the pesky Gendarmes out for a mid afternoon "collar" of someone.

Finally arrived in Boullion, just over the french border in Belgium and checking into the hotel with secure parking for the bike.
Very picturesque and full of shops of Belgium chocolate and french coffee.
I can hear you all now saying "bring some back" which you know I would but after it has spent 10 weeks to china and the a further five weeks in china, you might not e so keen.
I can feel a need for a beer and some good food at our first group meal
Well I will go now and demolition some lovely fine french cuisine and a glass or two of "vin rouge"
Sleep well everyone as I know I will later and don't forget i am an hour ahead, OK

474 miles Bouillon,Belgium

2 comments:

  1. Hi Uncle Darran! Daddy told me about your trip and I've found (and am now following) your blog :) Looks like you guys are in for an adventure. Have fun and I can't wait to hear more.

    Love,
    Cara

    P.S. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bro'
    Safe travels and have a great Birthday. If you have Skype on your netbook, you'll have to give us a call from somewhere interesting!
    Take care bro and we'll look forward to following progress.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete